Louisiana Association for Jazz Education
• To foster and promote the understanding and appreciation of jazz and its artistic performance.
• To lend assistance and guidance in the organization and development of jazz and popular music curricula in schools and colleges to include instrumental and vocal ensembles of all types and sizes.
• To foster the application of jazz principles to music materials and methods to all levels of education both public and private
• To disseminate educational and professional news of interest to music educators.
• To assist in the organization of clinics, festivals, and symposiums at local, state, regional, national, and international levels.
• To cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development of musical culture
From Bill Hockheppel at UL Lafayette:
Friends: I think you'll enjoy hearing some great music if you click or paste the following link-- check out Sing Sing Sing. . .
We're doing this very arrangement with these spectacular artists in just a few weeks and I ask your help in spreading the word about the upcoming appearance by New York Voices with the UL Jazz Ensemble on Feb. 20 and 21. We'll have clinics for vocalists and instrumentalists on both days, and open rehearsal on 2/20 at 7 p.m. The final concert (9 great charts with the big band, plus incredible a cappella numbers) at 7:30 p.m. on 2/21. I'll be able to comp in groups of students if you can bring them, and you need only contact me at my office to set that up. Many thanks, Bill
PS visit the link to the NYV web site to see and hear some of their amazing live performances.
Wm. J. Hochkeppel, Director of Bands
UL Lafayette, School of Music
Lafayette, LA 70504