Louisiana Association for Jazz Education
• To foster and promote the understanding and appreciation of jazz and its artistic performance.
• To lend assistance and guidance in the organization and development of jazz and popular music curricula in schools and colleges to include instrumental and vocal ensembles of all types and sizes.
• To foster the application of jazz principles to music materials and methods to all levels of education both public and private
• To disseminate educational and professional news of interest to music educators.
• To assist in the organization of clinics, festivals, and symposiums at local, state, regional, national, and international levels.
• To cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development of musical culture
Congratulations to the Fontainebleau High School Jazz Ensemble, Lee Hicks, Director
Louisiana Jazz Festival
2014 State Champions
John Mahoney is a trombonist, pianist, arranger and composer who has just retired as Coordinator of Jazz Studies from Loyola University after teaching there 36 years. He is available for clinics and workshops around Louisiana for a modest fee and travel expenses. If you would like some assistance with your jazz program, please contact John to make arrangements.
He can be reached at 504-460-0678 or <firstname.lastname@example.org>