Louisiana Association for Jazz Education
• To foster and promote the understanding and appreciation of jazz and its artistic performance.
• To lend assistance and guidance in the organization and development of jazz and popular music curricula in schools and colleges to include instrumental and vocal ensembles of all types and sizes.
• To foster the application of jazz principles to music materials and methods to all levels of education both public and private
• To disseminate educational and professional news of interest to music educators.
• To assist in the organization of clinics, festivals, and symposiums at local, state, regional, national, and international levels.
• To cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development of musical culture
Congratulations to the Fontainebleau High School Jazz Ensemble, Lee Hicks, Director
Louisiana Jazz Festival
2014 State Champions